Some updates on my college life

“Don’t read the last page
But I stay when it’s hard or it’s wrong or we’re making mistakes
I want your midnights
But I’ll be cleaning up bottles with you on new year’s day

Hold on to the memories, they will hold on to you
Hold on to the memories, they will hold on to you
Hold on to the memories, they will hold on to you
And I will hold on to you

Please, don’t ever become a stranger whose laugh
I could recognize anywhere
Please, don’t ever become a stranger whose laugh
I could recognize anywhere.” – New Year’s Day by Taylor Swift


***


Heya reader(s)!

It has been 7 months since the last time I posted here. I am really sorry that I’ve been very unproductive for the last 2 years. I don’t want to blame my college life, though. It’s just my poor time management skill. Anyway, I want to give some updates on my college life.


Last semester, in my 4th semester, I took 22 credits. That semester was full of struggle. It felt like I had been crawling all the way to finish the semester. It wasn’t easy, but I made it. I finished the job in the committee; I had another article coming in the next edition of Dialogue Magazine; I got an A for my Introduction to English Phonetic and Phonology class (which at first I thought was impossible since the subject was super hard); and I got my first tutor class (I will tell you more later). It had been a super hectic semester for me.

Despite the success I had mentioned above, I also faced something that upset me along the way. I didn’t get my dream scholarship. That was pure my mistake, I set my expectation too high, that when I didn’t get it, I was super upset. But, I had passed those, what I need to do now is focus on my goal, struggling for the next target on my to-do list.

Life always comes in a package deal. Well, after failing on that one, I got another opportunity to be a part of an international conference last July. I never thought the event division would be responsible for the whole event, including those that weren’t really our responsibility. I learnt a lot during that 3-day-conference. I met new people, and learnt how to deal with these people. That was a great experience.



 


***

The tutor class I mentioned earlier is also amazing! (I use ‘are’ since they will always be amazing) I never thought my first-time being a tutor could be so much fun. I teach grammar, by the way. I remember the first day I met them. My hands were trembling, my voice was shaking, my heartbeat raced very fast as I started the class. Their effort attending the class and paying attention to the class made my heart melts. I put my effort wholeheartedly to support their learning. And as the time flies either the semester had to end. It is still hard to believe that I only spend about 3 months in total with them. I will always miss our class at 12 every Friday :”)




There was no one we could ask to take our pictures. So Ribka & Bayu took turns to photograph this. I was a little upset because we couldn’t get a full-time photo :”)

***

The lyric I put at the beginning of this post is currently playing as I wrote this. I play Taylor Swift’s “New Year’s Day” on repeat for the last 7 days. Kinda late, but this song is very great. It brings comfort and calmness for me. It relaxes me whenever I feel exhausted after a long day from campus. Especially the line, Please, don’t ever become a stranger whose laugh I could recognize anywhere.” It’s like a simple favor you could say to your friends. You might be still friends now, but who knows, right? It will hurt so much when the people you used to know well, people that are used to be your friends turn intro “a stranger whose laugh you recognize anywhere” :”)

Do you get my point? And, when the time has come, you have no choice but to deal with it.  As you grow older, you’ll understand. True friends will stay along the way. True friends will always walk with you no matter what the weather is; raining, thunderstorm, hurricane, or sunny. True friends will always accompany you on your roller coaster ride going through the ups and downs of life.


***

Anyway,

This semester I am taking 23 credits (which technically is 22 because the other 1 is the internship I am going to do next year). I take CALL and standardized test as my elective course. These 22 credits are still added by 2 credits of me tutoring a pronunciation class this semester. Yep, you read it right. This semester, I am tutoring pronunciation. I am getting out of my comfort zone this time. Remember the last post when I told you a story of me applying for as a tutor? You can read it here. I applied for both grammar and pronunciation class. And this semester, I am scheduled to teach pronunciation. M I N D B L O W N. My heart skips a beat when I read the schedule in the group. I never thought I would be in this position.

I haven’t had any photo with them since I just met them for the third time. They are also an amazing class. It’s their freshman year. It is very natural that they have a great spirit. To be honest, I have trouble remembering their name though :))) I need more time to remember all their names.

***

I guess I’ve shared some important updates on my college life. It is still a very long way to go, hope I’ll survive and stay alive until the end of semester :”)

P.s: I have a plan to post something after the September 20. Just stay tune, I hope I will not miss it :))))


Cheers,

Vina Kanasya
22:22

Comments

  1. Hii... Miss Vina , I'm your Junior in ELESP Sanata Dharma. You have a great blog , siriously. By the way, I need writing tutor , I hope you can be my tutor , h3h3h3. I also have a blog too. please came to my blog and comment��. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment